Today, most people are inclined towards natural solutions for their skin and hair to avoid products with tons of chemicals. Flaxseeds are in vogue on the internet for having a massive impact on hair, and you must hop onto the bandwagon too!
1. What are flaxseeds?
2. How flaxseeds can help your hair-
3. DIY Flaxseed gel-
4. DIY Banana and flaxseed hair mask-
5. Flaxseed hair oil-
6. DIY Honey, Yogurt, and Flaxseed Powder Hair Mask-
7. Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and Flaxseed Powder Hair Mask-
What are flaxseeds?
Flaxseeds come from flax plants or linseeds. It is considered one of the most powerful plant foods on earth; it is filled with fibre and omega-3 fatty acids and is a valuable source of vitamins and minerals, which have many benefits like curing heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes. In fact, in the 8th century, King Charlemagne enacted laws to make the consumption of flaxseeds mandatory due to its numerous health benefits. Hence, they obtained the name Linum usitatissimum, which means ‘the most useful.’
Apart from its astounding health benefits, flaxseeds are also your holy grail for healthy and happy hair.
How flaxseeds can help your hair-
- Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, which give vital proteins and nutrients to hair follicles, boost circulation in the scalp, and inhibit hair follicle inflammation that induces hair fall.
- Flaxseeds contain vitamin B and are rich in biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, and folic acid, which are responsible for increasing hair growth making hair stronger.
- Flaxseeds contain vitamin E, which diminishes the influence of free radicals on your scalp and improves hair growth and stronger hair follicles.
- They help soothe the scalp as the omega-3 fatty acids help reduce scalp inflammation.
- Flaxseeds keep your hair conditioned as they bind moisture to the hair shafts, controlling breakage, dryness, and frizz, leaving the hair remarkably sleek and shiny.
- Flaxseeds adjust the pH levels in your hair as flax seeds help tranquilize the sebaceous glands so that they produce the proper quantity of oil for your hair.
How to use flaxseeds for your hair-
1. DIY Flaxseed gel-
1/4th cup of Flaxseed, 2.5 Cups of Water, Aloe vera, Measuring Cup, Wooden Spoon, Glass, Pot, Stockings for filtering, and a Jar.
- Add the flaxseeds to the water.
- Boil this water for around 10 minutes and keep stirring to avoid the flaxseeds from sticking to the base of the utensil.
- Turn the stove off when you achieve a gel-like texture, not too dense but not too thin.
- Let the gel cool down for about an hour while it thickens.
- Put the sock in a glass measuring cup, then empty the gel into it.
- Now, squeeze the gel from the sock into the measuring cup in order to strain it.
- Add aloe vera gel to the flaxseed gel for a better result.
- Pour the gel into a jar to store and store it in your refrigerator.
- Finally, you can apply this flaxseed gel to your hair for a minimum of two hours. Apply this gel at least once a week for frizz-free and shiny hair.
Pro tip: When applying the gel, wear a shower cap in order to retain the moisture for better results.
2. DIY Banana and flaxseed hair mask-
two tbsp flaxseed, One banana, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive/almond/lavender oil
- Grind the flaxseeds into a fine powder
- Add chopped banana slices to it the flaxseeds.
- Add honey and any oil of your choice to the flaxseed and banana mixture and mix them well, and your mask is ready!
- Part your hair into various sections and apply the mask on your scalp and the rest of your hair.
- Leave the hair mask on for at least 2 hours, and then wash it off using lukewarm water. Use this hair mask at least once a week for luscious and hydrated hair.
Pro tip: While applying the mask, make sure you cover the entire length and ends of the hair for a good result.
3. Flaxseed hair oil-
- Purchase a good quality flaxseed oil from the market.
- Take about two tablespoons of flaxseed oil in your hands and gently massage it all over your scalp.
- Section your hair into smaller parts, clip all the sections except one, and coat that section entirely in the oil.
- Repeat this process till all the strands are oiled thoroughly. This process will ensure that all your hair obtains the exclusive benefit of flaxseed oil.
- After oiling your hair, dip a towel in hot water, twist it through to make sure it’s damp and not wet, and wrap it around your head.
- After 30 minutes, remove the towel and comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb to eliminate knots.
- Finally, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this process at least once or twice a week, and you will notice a drastic transformation in your hair. After four to five weeks of regular use, your hair will look thicker and smoother than earlier.
Pro tip: wash your hair with lukewarm water instead of hot water to avoid fizziness and gain more favorable results.
4. DIY Honey, Yogurt, and Flaxseed Powder Hair Mask-
In a tablespoon of ground flaxseed powder, add half a tablespoon of honey along with two tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this mixture to your hair. Wash it off after 30 minutes with shampoo and conditioner and repeat once-twice a week.
Pro tip: Apply this mask frequently for smooth and frizz-free hair.
5. Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and Flaxseed Powder Hair Mask-
Add two tablespoons of olive oil and half a teaspoon of lemon juice to one tablespoon of flaxseed powder and apply it to the length and breadth of your hair. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
Pro tip: Lemon juice is drying, so use it in a conditioning oil like olive oil.
Q. Does flaxseed stop hair loss?
A. Yes! since flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B and Vitamin C, they have the power to reduce hair fall, increase hair growth making hair stronger. However, it’s important to do a patch test to see if the ingredient is suiting the scalp.
Q. Is flaxseed gel bad for your hair?
A. No, using flaxseed gel will improve your hair texture, reduce frizziness and thicken them without harming them. It’s a natural ingredient that helps restore hair health and shine.
Q. How long can I preserve the DIY flaxseed gel?
A. The DIY flaxseed gel can be used up to two to three weeks after making, maybe longer if refrigerated. However, if you can use the gel for a few days times, it’s recommended to not refrigerate for long and make a fresh one when needed.
Q. Can you leave flaxseed gel in your hair overnight?
A. Yes, it is safe to leave flaxseed gel in your hair overnight. if there’s any irritating, wash it off immediately. Start with a few hours and then extend it to overnight if it suits you.
People who viewed this also viewed