Exclusive coupon codes for H&R Block: Do you file your taxes with H&R Block software: download or online? If so, you can get up to a 50% discount on the cost when you use one of our featured coupons or promo codes for Basic, Deluxe, Premium, Free, and Self-Employed editions.
These coupons are good for new or returning customers, and most of the time no key code is needed. In fact, you can just click a promotion below to apply the discount:
H&R Block: Coupons | Download or Online? | Using a Code | More discounts
Best H&R Block Coupon Codes, Promotions:
2. H&R BLock Deluxe Edition. Click to apply discount at hrblock.com
5. Make business taxes easier with H&R Block Self-Employed. Apply coupon:
8. Helpful tax filing info for military and veterans in 2022. Can you file free?
H&R Block Online, Download, or In-Office Coupon (Which Edition is Best?)
There are three ways to file with H&R Block: Online, download, or live with a tax pro. You might notice that some H&R Block coupons are for software download, while others are for online editions.
While these products are similar, be sure that you are buying the one best for your needs:
- Online: The advantage of using Online is that you don’t need to download any software or updates. Plus, since it’s cloud-based, you can file your taxes from a Mac or PC tablet. H&R Block Free is Online-only.
- Software: Download is generally recommended over the Online version, as it has more features, is slightly cheaper, and allows you to file multiple tax returns.
- Tax Pro: Let a professional do the work by filing at a local H&R Block office, virtually at home, or both.
Tip: While we generally recommend software Download over Online, note that the Premium & Business Edition download is for PC only. (not Mac)
The best coupons and key codes are usually for software download. Now, let’s talk about H&R Block key codes!
How H&R Block Key Codes Work:
H&R Block key codes are 9-digit sequences of numbers and characters that are used online for a discount on H&R Block software. Key codes (or coupon codes) are usually issued directly from H&R Block, and are non-transferable and intended for one-time use.
*View H&R Block coupons!
Although a key code was required to get a discount years ago when H&R Block software was called, “TaxCut,” codes are usually no longer needed, as discounts are applied instantly when you click on a promotional link or banner.
If you have been issued a keycode, enter it on the Payment Options screen where it says, “Apply coupon code“ like this:
After entering your code, click “apply.” If it’s a valid code it will be applied to your order total, and reflected in the online pricing like this:
Coupon or key code not working? Note that if a key code has already been used or is expired, you’ll get a message saying, “Sorry, invalid key code.”
Also, check to make sure you aren’t using a discount code intended for in-person filing an H&R Block retail office.
6 More H&R Block Discounts for 2022
Besides our featured coupon codes for H&R Block Online and software Download, there are other possible ways to get a partner discount. Here are some popular ones to look for:
- Senior Discount: While H&R Block does not currently have a separate discount specifically for seniors or AARP members, you can take advantage of their featured discount here
- Military Discount: Some active-duty members of the military, Veterans, and USAA members may qualify for H&R Block’s free edition for the military. Turbo Tax also offers most members of the military free file. Learn more here
- Student Discount: Qualifying college students can file free with H&R Block with no promo code needed. Learn more here.
- Teacher Discount: There is no special coupon code for teachers, but H&R Block does provide resources including their teacher’s guide to the educator expense deduction found here.
- Nurses & Healthcare Workers: Frontline workers may be able to file state and federal taxes at no cost with H&R Block. They recently ran this promotion for first responders including nurses and healthcare workers, so check to see if it is still running!
- Returning Customers: If you filed your taxes with H&R Block last year, you still qualify for today’s featured promotion!
Key Codes for Free State Filing
If you file your taxes early in the tax season you should be able to file State for free with H&R Block. However, after approximately March 15th there are no coupon codes available to file state State for free.
So, if you are a procrastinator like me, expect to pay State filing fees of $44.99 per state unless you qualify for the Free Online Edition, which includes state and federal efile.
*Related: H&R Block update software for new unemployment tax break
Tip: H & R Block Software is Cheaper Online!
Come tax season the shelves of your local office supply store fill up with rows of tax software. A lot of people impulsively buy H&R Block or other tax software this way, but don’t!
Tip: You’ll almost always pay a lot more for a box with an actual CD or DVD, even if it’s on sale or you use a printable coupon.
As of 2022, there is really no advantage for new or returning customers to buy software in-store. It’s cheaper and easier to download it directly from hrblock.com and save $25 or more.
Not sold on H&R Block? Check out our coupon codes for TaxAct, Quickbooks, and Turbo Tax, including their Free Edition!