Turmeric is perhaps one of the oldest medicinal herbs that humans know. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties speed up and lighten the acne scars and skin tone. Regular use of turmeric powder on skin aids in the reduction of pigmentation and also gives a glowing skin tone.
You Will Need
• 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder
• 1 spoon lemon juice
What To Do
• Mix turmeric powder and lemon juice.
• Apply this paste evenly all over your face like a face mask
• Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes
• Wash it off with lukewarm water
Tips: You must do this once every alternate day. If you don’t want your fingers stained yellow, wear gloves when applying the mask, as it leaves a yellowish tint on the skin.
Prevention Tips Pimple Marks
• Keep your face clean and wash it at least twice a day with a milder face wash
• Exfoliate regularly. It helps your skin to get rid of dead skin cells and helps in keeping the pores clean
• Never go to bed with makeup on.
• Use chemical-free makeup remover. use clean cotton pads to remove makeup, as it often ends up leading the pores to clog.
• If you are suffering from a breakout, never touch or pop any pimple.
• Keep away from direct sun. Always wear sunscreen if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
• A healthy diet is the best way to keep breakouts. Eat a lot of greens and drink plenty of healthy fluids for natural skin
Tips: These home remedies can solve most of your skin woes. however, some serious skin conditions need dermatologist’s opinion. If your pimples or acne don’t go away after two weeks, do see a skin specialist. This could also be hormonal. Some scar marks do not fade away with time. They surely do lighten up, but never go away completely. If you are suffering from such skin condition, take dermatologist’s opinion on pimple marks.
How to remove pimple marks: FAQs
Q. Which is the best oil to help in getting rid of pimple marks?
A. Coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil can help immensely in repairing your skin. They also help in reducing the appearance of pimple marks.
Q. Can stress lead to pimples?
A. Stress can trigger a whole host of changes in your body, according to experts. And these changes can lead to pimples and acne. Acute stress can cause a hormone turmoil and, as we have discussed earlier, a hormonal agitation can make sebaceous glands overactive.
Q. Can what I eat cause pimples?
A. Your diet has a direct correlation with your skin condition. Oily, greasy food can lead to stimulating the oil glands to produce more sebum, which can block pores and lead to breakouts.